Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back in Texas for the summer break. These few months will allow me to look at my life and the direction I'm getting ready to begin moving in. Next semester I'll begin the Spanish program at IU, and I've already begun reading the Master Reading List, starting now with Don Quixote. The process is laborious here at the outset, as I spend more time in the dictionary than in the novel itself. Have spent hours bent over that book already, and I'm still working through the introductions.

But this is where my heart is, reading, and literature seems a much bigger playground than the other disciplines, because the imagination has no boundary, is ever startling, ever transforming. Anything else seems like making my way through a desiccated and alien terrain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home